X-Series Voyage Data Recorder (X-VDR)
The introduction of MSC.333(90) and IEC61996-1 Ed 2.0 sees a new chapter in voyage data recorder requirements with both a fixed and float free capsule required, each holding a minimum of 48 hours of data. In addition to this, 30 days of data is to be held onboard the vessel to negate the requirement for crew interaction in order to secure critical data following an incident. Both Radars and ECDIS images will be captured along with a number of other additional, mandatory signals in order to give a more clear picture of the events prior to a given incident.
AMI’s new VDR and associated interfaces have been developed using vast experience and expertise in VDR design spanning more than a decade, along with over 20 years of experience in the marine electronic retransmission and interfacing industry. The result is a simple yet sophisticated system, designed and built in the UK, from the ground up. A system that not only meets the new VDR regulations but one that also offers more flexibility, functionality and redundancy than any other system on the market.
- Compact and easy to use cable entry system
- Bridge Control Panel for efficient system monitoring
- Remote connection via ship’s network
- 10 individual audio channels allowing up to 8 microphones and 2 VHF or a combination of both
- Easy swap OS drive - No reconfiguration required if the OS drive is replaced.